Kreme de la Kosovo

Friday, June 29, 2007

The New and the Old




We went to Nis, Serbia last weekend and had a great time. We walked around downtown, went for coffee and drinks with friends and attended a flea market that is across the Nisava River from the hotel we always stay in while there. Great flea market and I scored a 1949 Russian-Serbian dictionary....in Cyrillic!


In addition to piles of household implements, food, junk, and used cars you always get to see sights like this. It is absolutely not uncommon to still see horsedrawn carts but I never get tired of seeing them and photographing them when I can.


That's our hotel in the background. And the lady in the second photo was at another market down the river a little ways at the more permanent market. She clearly wasn't happy about me taking her picture, but I did thank her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home