Kreme de la Kosovo

Monday, May 28, 2007

Back in the saddle again....


Finally, after 5 weeks back in the U.S., I arrived back in Pristina only to leave a week later for Thailand. If that sounds like a complaint, it isn't! Tom had a fair amount of laundry needing to be done so that took a couple of days and then I started gathering together all my summer clothes, bathing suit, flip flops, sunscreen and sunglasses. After we got back to Kosovo two weeks later, the old laptop finally died a slow and painful death. We went shopping the other night and bought a new one so I'm a happy, contented Internet addict again. The whole point of all this is by way of an explanation (excuse) for why I haven't been posting to the blog for such a long time.

After a very rough flight from Vienna to Bangkok we arrived at the sparkling new airport in Bangkok. And what an airport that is! Wow....I had read that Bangkok has incredible shopping but I don't know why you would ever need to leave the airport to do that. Every upscale shop you can imagine is there....Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Gucci....the list is endless. Not that I could spring for a $3500 handbag, but nevertheless, it's a fascinating airport and I usually don't have anything good to say about airports. And apparently this airport never closes. We were there for a flight that left at midnight on our return flight and the place was throbbing.

Anyway, we had a great time in Phuket. It's beautiful, warm (I mean really warm) and the people are friendly. I always mention the food everywhere we go and this is no exception. It was great. Reminded me of a fabulous Thai restaurant my niece and I went to in Morgan Hill, California....only it was about a thousand times better. Everything was really good and spicy and a lot of dishes had pineapple so that made it even better. Someone there told us that the pineapple in southern Thailand is known for being especially sweet. With all that great Thai food there I hate to admit that we ate at a Mexican restaurant called Coyote on Patong Beach that was super good, too. They probably had the best nachos I've ever had. Just as a side note, the hotel we stayed at was the best ever. It has an odd name....the Access Pool Resort and Spa. But the staff was incredibly nice and the entire place was spotless. Our room was just beautiful and the back door to the room stepped right out into the pool that we spent tons of time in...even when it rained.

Anyway, this is a blog about Kosovo so I don't want to give a blow by blow of Thailand. But here's a photo just to prove we were there. Okay, I realize this photo proves nothing and it's just a couple of chickens. But I figure you can see all the Buddhist temples, beaches, and tuk tuks you could ever want to see by Googling them. I liked these chickens. So there you go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home