Kreme de la Kosovo

Friday, June 08, 2007

My Future's So Bright I've Gotta Wear Shades....


....or not.

I am the first to admit that for some reason I'm attracted to obituaries and their accompanying photos, cemeteries and gravemarkers. I find it all fascinating. So naturally, one day last week when Tom and I were driving up in the mountains in the Novo Brdo area, I couldn't help but notice this gravemarker as we drove by. Even Tom admitted this was "picture worthy"and he backed up a terrible rutted road to get back to it. No, I didn't have to go tromping through the cemetery to get to it. It was right by the road on the other side of a barbed wire fence.

I suppose it's possible the photo that was used to etch this stone may have been the only one family members had. Who knows? Or maybe he was just a hep cat. That's what I like to think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home