Kreme de la Kosovo

Thursday, March 16, 2006

They even ripped off Big Bird! Is nothing sacred?


I was flipping channels on the TV one day and came across this. They even have some little fuzzy characters who mysteriously resemble Elmo and Grover and the rest of the gang. I guess this is Turkey's version of Sesame Street. Actually I don't know for sure if the channel is from Turkey....it could be one from Croatia. I just know it didn't sound like Albanian and it definitely was not German.
Funny thing is the stupid TeleTubbies is the same version we get at home. Lucky me. I can't understand them in the English version.
Another weird one is The Simpson's in German. It's just not the same without Julie Kavner's voice for Marge. Homer sounds pretty bland, too. But Mr. Burns sounds just about the same. Hm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home