Kreme de la Kosovo

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

NOT my butcher shop


Tom and I saw this mishtore (meat shop) open when we were out for our walk on Sunday. You can see that the door is wide open and while it was cool out, it was definitely not the temperature of a meat locker. When I have been here in the summer it is the same deal....door wide open, the meat not covered, and so on. Oh, well, it's not like I'm going to eat goat, anyway. I think the ones with the heads still attached are goats....the others, um...I'm not sure.
You can't see it in this photo, but on the far right side was a fresh hide hanging there, too. I can't help but believe that this can not be a selling point. However, to be fair, I should point out that this mishtore appears to be cleaner than other ones I have seen.
I've been kind of sticking to eating chicken here but I'm wondering about that, too. The bird flu has been confirmed in just about every country around here so I know it is just a matter of time before they find it here, too.
Everything I have heard on the news indicates that eating chickens with bird flu isn't a problem....just handling them is. In the meantime they are killing off gazillions of chickens across Europe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home