Kreme de la Kosovo

Friday, July 27, 2007

Still going on about the heat...


Aside from the beautiful beach and totally fun atmosphere in Paralia, there is this one odd component about it. There must be 100 stores that sell fur coats there. Seriously, this is a little town and on every block there are several furriers. The first time I went there back in 2003 it seemed that every other store was trying to sell me a fur coat. I've since learned that they all aren't necessarily retail operations. Apparently most of them are showrooms and wholesalers and they cater primarily to Russians.
So right in the middle of a heat wave that is gripping the Balkans are people trying on fur coats. A lot of the stores have coats outside and you see women trying on one after the other. I don't know about them, but I don't know if I would want my merchandise getting all oily from suntan lotion and sweat, but hey, that's just me. I have kind of gathered that the ones that are outside aren't the best quality furs. In fact, green seems to be a favorite color. Other than some working girls in New Orleans, I can't imagine who would wear them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home