Kreme de la Kosovo

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Heart Throb


Richard Quest....I just love him. I hate CNN but I almost always have it on the tube anyway, just for noise mostly. But let me hear Richard Quest's voice and I run to the television to see what he has to say. He is so funny and upbeat. I swear, he could be announcing that nukes were raining down on earth and annhilation was moments away and still make is sound fun and exciting. Not everyone agrees with me on this, however. Some meanie posted this:

Richard Quest is Annoying
The experience of listening to Richard Quest, a CNN Europe anchor, is something akin to what it might be like to scrub my face with a cheese grater. I’m sure he’s a very intelligent guy, but he seems to have only one volume–yell. It seems he has been yelling for so long that he has blown his voice completely out, so he sounds like Harvey Fierstein doing an impression of a British soccer hooligan.

I did have to laugh, though, about this guy's assessment that he is sure Richard is very intelligent. Well, Richard was having a bad day a couple of weeks ago. He was doing an hour long show called "Quest for Intelligence" or something like that. He visited the guy whom the movie "Rainman" was based on and he attended the Mensa convention in Las Vegas (now that is a strange bunch). At the end of the show he took the IQ test administered by a Mensa guy and he was clearly having a struggle. At the end of the show he got his test results in the mail. He only has an IQ of 96!!! He was so mad. And embarrassed, too. Well, I still love you, Richard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home