Kreme de la Kosovo

Sunday, February 19, 2006

My favorite green grocer


This is where I go for produce. Can you believe how beautiful it is? My understanding is that most of this comes from Italy and Spain. Inside there is a tiny store, about the size of a walk in closet. But it is packed with everything, fresh baked bread, farm fresh eggs, juices of all kinds and the top shelf that goes around the entire inside is lined with liquor. I LOVE this place. I bought blood oranges there today. I bet you can't just go to your grocery store and pick up blood oranges, unless you have a Whole Foods!
The guys who work in there are really nice, too. They don't speak perfect English and I think I scared them the other day when I was trying to find out if they sold kitchen knives. I was demonstrating cutting and chopping and their eyes got kind of big. One of them finally said, "We don't have."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home