Kreme de la Kosovo

Monday, October 09, 2006

Land of Contrasts



In contrast to my last post that shows the PimpJuice Hummer, here is what a large percentage of people here in Kosovo have to drive. And yes, the first one is a modified garden tiller. These "vehicles" can actually go pretty fast and I've seen them with a number of people on them, too. And they're street legal! They probably have to spend more money on the license plates than what the vehicle is worth but they seem to be pretty happy to have a mode of transportation. Looking at the photo of the tractor I believe that there is a BMW behind it.
I'm always amazed when I see really nice BMW's, Hummers, and Jaguars driving around here because the streets are in horrible condition and traffic is congested to the max. We hardly ever go out that we don't see a car crash or a near miss. Stopping on red lights seems to be optional. If I had to buy a car here I definitely would not get one I was terribly proud of because I don't think it would last long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home