Kreme de la Kosovo

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Our Trip to Prague


No thanks to the terrible internet access we've had since arriving back in Pristina, I am just now able to do an update on our wonderful vacation to Prague. First I have to give a plug to the great little hotel in which we stayed, U Bile Kuzelky. I had a terrible time trying to pronounce it at first and we almost got into a bit of a pickle one night because of it. We went for a dinner cruise on the Vltava River one night and Grey Line Tours sent a bus to pick us up. It was a different driver than the one who delivered us to the dock so he had no idea where any of us had been picked up. He asked us which hotel to go to and I could not for the life of me remember it, other than the fact that it translated to The White Bowling Pin. Well, his English was pretty good but he totally did not get that! After a few minutes of me trying to stutter out what I thought the name was in Czech, he finally realized what I was trying to say and got us back to our hotel.
The hotel only had eight rooms I think and it was very old and quaint but had been updated so the bathrooms were completely modern and nice. The staff was great and all spoke excellent English so they were able to help us a lot when we had questions and they helped us arrange for some tours. And the breakfast they provided every morning was great.
This photo that looks like a canal in Venice was right there in Prague and was about a one minute walk from our hotel. I could go on and on about how beautiful it is in Prague but you would probably think I was exagerrating. It beats Paris and Venice as far as I'm concerned and that's saying a lot because I love those cities, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home