Kreme de la Kosovo

Monday, May 01, 2006

Our Street


Here's a photo of the street sign right in front of the Gegi Market where I buy bread. It's just downstairs from our flat and until a couple of days ago I had never known what street I actually lived on. I swear this sign is new. I had Googled a map of Prishtina a few months ago and all I could find were old maps with the Serb names. (See link http://www.csdbalkans.org/roma/Photos/Kosovo-_Pristina_1995.jpg) So for any of you intrepid souls who want to Google a newer version of a Prishtina street map, I live at the intersection of Murat Meheti and something something Vusshtria. Sorry, I can't remember the whole name of the intersecting street. If you look on the old version of the map and find the neighborhood called Tabana, look slightly to the right and there is a number 43. I think that is about where I live.
Oh, and those pieces of paper attached to the pole underneath the street sign? Those are obituaries. That's the way they do it here. They don't put them in the newspaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home