Kreme de la Kosovo

Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Post about the Ice Cream


Okay, a few posts back I mentioned how serious people take ice cream in eastern Europe. The first time Tom took me to Slovenia I was amazed at all the ice cream cafes, the multitude of choices you had, and the sheer heights of the ice cream cones. It's the same thing in the rest of the Balkans. They just don't go for prissy little one scoop cones, either. They might have a little cone, but believe me, there will be an array of multicolored scoops of ice cream stuck on top at angles that defy gravity.
This is only one of dozens of ice cream venues along the beach in Budva and it isn't even the largest one. I didn't get a very good picture of it because of the glare on the glass, but you get the idea.
I settled on a hazelnut flavor right off but Tom tried a new one each time we went for ice cream. He had one that was over the top: it was called Don Vito and was a swirl of mostly chocolate, with some vanilla, then there was this gooey red syrup type stuff in it and then strawberries. Lots of strawberries. Unbelievable.
Move over Baskins Robbins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home