Kreme de la Kosovo

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Just Waiting to be Discovered



I couldn't resist posting just a couple more photos of Trstenik and Dubrovnik as we left to come back home. I can't help but think that someday the "rest of the world" will find Trstenik, too. There was a British couple we met and almost their first words were to us were, "How did you find this place?". They had found it by accident, too. If you like a lively night life, fabulous shopping, lots or restaurants, this is NOT the place for you. If you prefer quiet, solitude, a small family beach, and wonderfully friendly people, you will love it. Oh, and did I mention that there is a winery there? The founder is a native Croatian who settled in the Napa Valley in 1958 and went on to win a bunch of awards for his wine making. Then in 1995 Miljenko Grgic returned to Croatia to found Grgic Vina right on the hillside by Trstenik. We went up there one day for a wine tasting and bought two bottles of his white wine. They very proudly display a reproduction of his photo on the cover of Wine Spectator magazine.
The second photo is of Dubrovnik as we were driving past. You can almost tell how hot it was that day, can't you? I don't care, though. I had wanted to go there for a long time and it was even better than my expectations.
I can't wait to go back to Croatia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home