Kreme de la Kosovo

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ever Get the Feeling You're Being Watched?


June 1st and it was freezing cold and raining in Zakopane. We booked the tour there on the advice that the weather was going to be better than it had been. Ha! The weather was so bad even the tour guide gave up. Finally he asked our group if we wanted to go somewhere warm and dry for lunch and he promised that this place had really good traditional Polish food. And it was! The only thing was, the walls and ceiling were covered with the carcasses of dead animals. I didn't need reminding that the sausage I was eating was ground up animals of some sort. I asked our waiter if the sausage was pork and he said, "Something like that." ?!?!?!?
I ordered it anyway and it was fabulous. I just wonder what the heck it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home